becoming a member
Membership in the George Town Club is by invitation only. For more information on membership, call the Membership Director at (202) 333-9330.
Benefits of Membership
daily a la carte dining
- The Club is open Tuesday through Sunday for a la carte dining. See club hours here.
private dining rooms
- The Club has seven exquisite dining rooms where members can enjoy a private meal or host a special event. The Club’s Catering Director works with members planning private parties for 10 to 100 or more guests, and will coordinate all the services needed to make an event memorable, including food, wine, music, flowers, audio-visual aids, calligraphy, parking and other special services. A planning guide is available that contains menus and wine lists, along with a list of services available.
- The Club offers a variety of interesting events throughout the year for members and their guests, including gourmet dinners, wine tastings, theater dinners, speakers, tours, and holiday dinners. All members are invited to participate and to bring as many guests as they choose, space permitting. Events are announced by email and in mailed flyers or newsletters. Events are also listed on the dining room menus, on placards throughout the Club, and can be found online here.
guest privileges for family, friends & colleagues
- Members may share the in-house services of the Club with others by extending occasional guest privileges, including daily dining, private parties, business entertaining and Club events. Members do not have to be present to share the privileges of Membership in this way—just call the Club in advance of a guest’s visit to make arrangements. After a member’s request is received, the Club will work directly with your guest to make any special arrangements and they will be treated as “members-for-a-day.”
sponsoring new members
- One of the greatest privileges of membership is the sponsorship of new members. In sponsoring newcomers, members build the Club as a dynamic organization with a diverse membership that has been hand-selected by the people who know and appreciate the Club the most—the members themselves. A phone call or email to the Club is all that is needed to send the invitation to your candidate. Also, applications and printed information about the Club are available at the Club office if members wish to extend the invitation themselves.
- All members are invited to participate on the committees that guide the Club. There is surely a committee that meets each member’s interests and schedule. The current committees are Activities, Communications, Dining, House and Membership.
special rates at the georgetown inn
- George Town Club members and their guests are eligible for special rates at the Georgetown Inn, within a five-minute walk from the Club, with luxury amenities in all rooms and suites. Member rates are lower than most corporate rates and apply to all reservations made by Club members and their families and for guests who are visiting for any reason, even if the visit is not related to a Club function. Call the hotel directly between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and mention your George Town Club membership. Request the Georgetown Business rate. The Georgetown Inn, 1310 Wisconsin Avenue, 202-333-8900, or www.georgetowninn.com.
special rates at the westin georgetown
- George Town Club members and their guests are eligible for special rates at the Westin Georgetown. Deluxe rooms can be reserved at a 10% discount from prevailing rates. The Westin Georgetown, 2350 M Street NW, 202-429-0100, or www.westingeorgetown.com.
special rates at the graham georgetown
- George Town Club members and their guests are eligible for special rates at The Graham Georgetown; a chic boutique hotel located at 1075 Thomas Jefferson Street, NW, Washington, DC 20007 – less than a 15-minute walk from the Club. The Graham offers several hotel amenities: business services, guest services, transportation, recreation & entertainment and dining and lounges. For all guest room types, George Town Club members/Reciprocal Club members and their families may take advantage of 10% off Best Available Rate. When booking on-line, enter the code GTCLB or call 202-765-2330 x104.
- Through the Club's reciprocal network, members have access to more than 80 clubs in the U.S. and over 60 clubs internationally, as if one were a member in each one. This includes full use of all facilities, amenities and services that the reciprocal club offers, such as daily dining, banquets, athletic or golf facilities, special events and sleeping rooms. To use a reciprocal club, members contact The George Town Club to make arrangements. The Club then writes or calls the host club, confirming membership and requesting privileges for the visit.